Thursday, February 2, 2012

Inspiration from Stella & Dot: DIY version of the Medina Bib Necklace

I was looking for ways to get rid of my filigree brass settings and I came across the Medina Bib Necklace from Stella & Dot. Inspired by the silver plated medallions, I decided to use my gold plated filigree settings to create a DIY version of this necklace. I gathered 2 sizes of filigree settings, arranged them on the table to the way I want, and connected them carefully using 24k gold filled jump rings. For this project, I decided to go with the smallest jump rings possible so that the final look could look more elegant and polished.

Here are pictures of the final product and how I style with this piece - I'm just wearing a plain cotton grey top with a black blazer. The bib necklace totally pops my outfit and makes me feel expensive & fabulous:




For a fraction of the retail value of $89, I created my own version of the bib necklace and it is just as elegant as the one sold on S&D. It is available in my etsy store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...