Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Online store review: FabulousRocks

As an etsy seller, I like to support the etsy community and I always get my jewelry supplies from other etsy sellers. Not only do you get better prices by buying directly from suppliers, you are also supporting small artisan businesses, which is always a good thing to do. Recently, however, I found that some commercial sellers have been abusing their customers. They receive so many orders on a daily basis, that they begin ignoring customer requests, delaying shipment and worst of all - terrible customer service. I am not trying to bad mouth anyone, but I feel that we shouldn't be supporting sellers who do not respect customers or are not providing the services that they're supposed to provide, especially in the Etsy community.

This seller whom I used to order from, Fabulous Rocks, is one of those sellers that I refuse to do business with again. I started ordering from them about` a year ago. I decided to do business with them because they offer great prices and superb quality gemstones and findings. Their prices are very competitive and I haven't yet found another seller who can beat their prices. In the beginning when they were still relatively new, the service was great and I would always get prompt replies from the seller. They were patient and willing to answer my questions. They also seemed knowledgeable about their products.

As their sales started to pick up, everything just went down hill. There were so  many times when I had to wait for more than a month for my supplies to arrive. Whenever I write to the seller, it takes days to hear back from them and their attitude might not be very good. There is nothing wrong with the quality of the products, but it's the customer service that really pushes me away. The long waiting time also makes me feel insecure. I cannot count on them at all because the processing time takes way too long. I swear to myself, I am going to look for alternative suppliers. Even if I have to pay more, I'd rather do business with someone who is trustworthy and genuinely nice. I just don't see any difference between this seller and any corporate monopoly.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I ordered components from Fabulous Rocks and the processing time took 10 days. The items arrived too late and I couldn't use them as my stores wouldn't take them because by that time they were full. This was a huge loss for me. When I asked them why it took so long I received over 15 hostile and abusive messages from them. It is an open case right now with ETSY not addressing the harassment or the processing time. They are letting her write the rules. I proved from their site that processing time for my items was 2-5 days. I have also tried over 30 times to contact ETSY and they responded once in an email saying they are watching the case. I am disgusted at Fabulous Rock's, linda yu's behavior and customer service. Hopefully customers will get fed up and not buy from them anymore. Something needs to be done. Glad I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not order anything from FabulousRocks or any of her other crap stores. I am at work so I must be brief, but basically she is an immature, greedy human being with nothing better to do than resell extremely cheap, imported goods as her own on Etsy. If you decide against ordering, or if you ask her to match one piece of jewelry for a loved one, she treats you like a complete bitch for wasting her time. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...