Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Supply store review: Bead Max

I meant to write this review a long time ago but I felt that I haven't visited this store frequent enough to review it. Now that it has been a while since it opened last year, I think I'm ready to give my thoughts on the store.

20120110-002346.jpg

PRODUCTS
This is the storefront. I don't have much thing to say about the entrance except that it's very bright and looks welcoming. As soon as you step into the store, you see all sorts of stones hanging on the wall and more products on the center panels. Most of the stones are not interesting to me, except for a few birthstones and gems which are available in briolette and rondelle shapes. In the back of the store you can find more discounted products, mostly cheap plastic beads and such.

PRICES
Price wise, I was not impressed. I think the prices tend to be higher than all the other stores in the neighborhood. There is a huge collection of one-of-a-kind stones but not a lot of popular stones that normal people would buy. The store owner speaks mandarin Chinese so I think his supplies are probably from China. (All the other stores in the block are pretty much run by the same family from Hong Kong if you didn't know by now. They import their supplies directly HK.)

MY THOUGHTS
I have been to this store for over 50 times since it opened and I haven't found one thing that I wanted to get from this particular store. Most of the things I normally buy, I could get them from other sources for cheaper prices and better quality. I think you guys should know what I think about this store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...